I see so much stupidity in regards to e-cigarette reporting on a regular basis, I would have a difficult time telling you what the dumbest thing I've ever heard is. I can tell you this article is certainly the dumbest thing in 2014. It turns out by not taking smoking breaks, e-cigarette users in Sweden are apparently poisoning themselves by chain vaping at their workstations.
The liquids used for e-cigs contain concentrated amounts of nicotine and are being blamed for poisoning children who accidently drink the fluid. In May 2013, an Israeli 2 year old reportedly died after drinking the fluid and ingesting a lethal dose of nicotine.
In Sweden, 29 cases of nicotine poisoning were attributed to e-cigs last year. Due to less strict requirements, e-cig users are able to use in more places, which may be leading to accidental overdoses as users are not required to wait for a smoking break.
I just don't know what to say. I think this may be in the running for the dumbest thing since that WHO spokesperson said cigarettes were safer because they have filters.